In the news
Check out stories and announcements that mention or relate to the California Water Data Challenge.
- June 19 Smarter Together (NSF Award Announcement), UC Berkeley
- November 20 2018 California Safe Drinking Water Data Challenge Recap, FindANewWay
- September 20 Hacking for Solutions to California’s Water Challenges, UC Berkeley
- August 21 Safe Drinking Water for All, New York Times
- July 31 Assembly Bill 1755 and the Politics of California Water Data, Stanford Water in the West
- July 10 State Water Board Adopts Open Data Resolution, Waterboards Press Release
- July 1 A Moneyball Approach to Clean Drinking Water, Route Fifty
- June 26 Imagine H2O Innovation Prize Announced, ImagineH2O
- May 29 State Expands its Open Data Portal, GovOps Federation Press Release
We will be documenting and sharing pictures and images of the Challenge through a Google Photos Album. Feel free to download and share!
#CAWaterDataChallenge California Safe Drinking Water Challenge awards a $1,500 prize for the most innovative and impactful solution
The power of open data…what are we going to leave to our children and grandchildren if we don’t take care of our drinking water
What is a data challenge?
- An opportunity for individuals and team-based problem solving
- Leverage data and talent to provide knowledge and insights
- Digital and machine readable data makes more innovative solutions possible
Bringing talent to BEAR for innovative solutions for safe drinking water…
Summer 2018, join now!